Chat accounts will not work here, however you must use an email that exists in chat to sign up.

Bans?

I don't really know if this counts as a "bug," but I don't know where else to put this.

Tonight, someone messaged me because they were banned from my room. The name they messaged me on wasn't under my room's ban list, and neither were any of the alts they gave me. In the past, I've seen people wind up appearing on ban lists because the previous owner of a banned name deleted it, and someone else made the name, taking the previously banned person's place.

Furthermore, I know that a person can stay banned from a room if they delete the name they were banned under and try to enter on a different alt. This is something I've tested with another person.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had any issues with banning similar to the one I described. After checking for any of the alts this person gave me and seeing none of them on my ban list, and after deleting all banned names that no longer had accounts, this person is still banned from my room and I don't know why. The only thing I can think of is that they withheld an alt from me, but seeing as this same situation has happened before in another room, I doubt that's the case.

If there's any way to rework bans to prevent this sort of situation from arising in the future, I think that'd be great. How bans work right now seems to be very messy and confusing for room owners and those who frequent alike.

If there's anything I'm missing with how any of this works, insight would be appreciated.